Ian Admits Defeat


My five year old son Ian has some cute verbal peccadilloes: he says "usually" instead of "actually" as a transition (e.g. usually, I have to pee right now . . . usually, I'll have a cookie instead of licorice) and when we play chess and he inevitably starts to lose badly-- he's great at setting up the pieces and moving them correctly, but he gives away a lot of material in suicidal attacks-- then his eyes fill with tears and he says-- repeatedly-- "I'm done for, I'm done for," which makes me wonder if this is good for him mentally . . . but there's no way I'm going to let him win . . . I handicap him three or four strong pieces, but he still has no end game, so I tell him all the suffering and defeat will be worth it in the end, because, maybe, someday (like my friend Rob) he'll be President of the Chess Club (see the image above for the kind of babes you can pull as a high-ranking chess club official).

2 comments:

Clarence said...

I thought we had our first instance of nudity in a SOD pic. Alas, I looked closer and no.

I hope Ian beats you for that.

Dave said...

the first nudity in an SOD pic will occur in a chess post.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.