3/16/10

Everyone is grouchy at work because of contract negotiations and expected budget cuts, and we wear buttons that say "No Contract, still working, always caring" but after what happened last week, the buttons need to be amended to "No contract, still cleaning up menstrual fluid, always caring"-- that is correct, after a student noticed something red and shiny on a desk seat and correctly identified the fluid (though the teacher, who knew the student was right, intelligently and curtly denied what it was) and so the teacher had to teach her lesson with the fluid in the corner of her eye, and then, once the students had left, she bravely wiped it up-- certain (as only a woman would know) that it was the blood of the unspoken cycle, and the worst thing is, the ensuing discussion (which I had to endure while eating a turkey London broil sandwich smothered in BBQ sauce) brought to light that OTHER female teachers had cleaned up similar "spills."

3 comments:

zman said...

This is not my favorite Sentence of Dave.

Anonymous said...

I laughed, I cried, I threw up in my mouth a little bit, and then, I menstrated on my chair.

Dave said...

sorry-- just reporting from the front lines of education. you should hear what goes on in health class!

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.