3/23/2009


I am wondering just how angry I am supposed to get at my children when they do not listen to me; I know it's bad for my heart to get angry, and I know it scares the hell out of my kids, but they DO NOT respond to my voice (or my wife's voice) until they detect rage-- until then, they just don't think it's pressing enough to respond; so the question is: do I allow them to be run over by a truck or fall into an open sewer or get gored by a rampant bison to avoid looking like an enraged lunatic in public, or do I continue roaming the earth red-faced, always either about to yell or just getting over a fit of yelling?

3 comments:

Al DePantsdowno said...

I used to struggle with this one. You have to scream at them to keep them safe. Then I use the teeth clenched Jack Nicholson in The Shining look to explain to them afterwards that you're serious when you tell them not to do it again. They still don't listen, but I haven't gotten the ax out yet so I think it's working for me.

Anonymous said...

i often do the same, but i feel like i'm shortening my life-- perhaps i should get a taser, then i won't have to get all worked up-- i'll let the current do the work.

Al DePantsdowno said...

Maybe a cattle prod. It's a much cheaper. And the kids won't sh-t in their pants.
http://www.flemingoutdoors.com/hot-shot-red-battery-operated-cattle-prod.html

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.