One-Uppers Are A Downer

Last night, just after discussing the infamous "one-upper" that now works with us (this Emilio, he is more than famous for his "one-upping"-- for example: when a co-worker mentioned that he made some guacamole, Emilio claimed that he was growing an avocado tree in his closet) my friend Eric described a house he was landscaping and he mentioned the well-maintained garden with its plethora of pepper plants (a plethora, oh yes El Guapo, we have a plethora) including a beautiful Thai hot pepper bush with tiny colorful hot peppers growing all over it-- and I then remarked that I owned several such beautiful Thai hot pepper bushes when we lived in Syria and I kept them on our porch, where they served as a decorative spice rack and Catherine looked at me and said, "I think someone is doing some one-upping" and she was right.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog has one sentence a day?

Mine has two, and on top of a google search bar, a stock ticker and bottom line.

Dave said...

what is it called?

i'll bet it doesn't have a name as catchy as mine.

Anonymous said...

It doesn't at all, and I haven't posted on it in months. I just used it as a pawn in my joke about one-upping. I figure I'll start posting once I reach Delaware, my life is bound to get at least 5 times more interesting.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.