Hey NFL! Dave is Taking the Proverbial Knee

This season (and perhaps for the rest of my days) I am taking the proverbial Colin Kaepernick knee in regards to the NFL: I'm not watching any games, I'm not playing fantasy football, I'm not reading about the Giants on ESPN.com, I'm not buying any merchandise, and I'm going to try my best not to consume any advertisements associated with the NFL . . . in this polarized political environment, I'm choosing Colin Kaepernick over Donald Trump, clarity over CTE, brisk fall afternoons over television, and leisure time over the monetized soulless drudgery of "managing" a fantasy football team.

4 comments:

rob said...

welcome to the occupation, dave

zman said...

I can’t wait for Monday’s sentence where Dave comes back to the NFL after Saquon Barkley amasses 200 all-purpose yards and 2 TD today.

Lecky said...

Thank you. I will now go to the Meadowlands and get the Giants superbowl champs ticket at 30-1. Have needed the motivation.

Dave said...

saquon barkley? i may pop up from the proverbial knee occasionally and check out some highlights, if that's the case . . .

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.