The Birds and the Trees

I forgot to put up yesterday's post, which details all the tools I used to plant an apple tree in my front yard (I had to remove a weeping cherry first) and-- because of the monsoon-like rainstorm today-- I was a bit nervous at school that I would arrive home to find my tree floating in a neighbor's yard, but apparently I did a good job with my hole and my soil and my mulching, and the tree was still standing straight and tall; I did a little research and learned that I need to plant another apple tree in my front yard (I've got a spot picked out) and it will cross-pollinate with my Braeburn tree--  Fuji or Gala or Honeycrisp are compatible cross-pollinators, I went on some sort of Match.com for apple trees site-- and then under the cover of night, the trees will pull their roots from the ground and slowly walk towards each other and engage in sexual intercourse . . . with any luck, I should be eating front-yard apples in three or four years: I will keep you posted.

10 comments:

zman said...

I see you paid as much attention as I did in Botany. Prof. Ware would be impressed.

Dave said...

i had pomana sprout . . .

zman said...

I dropped her clsss after the Mandrake incident.

Whitney said...

The cherry tree was certainly weeping after you took an axe to it, you barbarian.

Unknown said...

It's spring. Find a reliable Fuji or Gala that is budding and bud graft to your Braeburn. That branch will become your pollinator. Provided you sex them correctly, of course. We'll await your research sentence, most likely titled "How do you find a fox hole?" or "Have you ever smelled mothballs?"...

Dave said...

i don't think i should be accepting any graft, even if it's just apples. i'm a public servant.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You live in the Menendez state. "Graft" and "public servant" are practically synonyms.

yanmaneee said...

kobe shoes
yeezys
curry 7 shoes
yeezy shoes
nike shoes
a bathing ape
ultra boost
nike max
supreme clothing
hermes handbags

theetesm said...

check these guys out useful link Recommended Site pop over to these guys advice dolabuy ysl

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.