Ups and Downs on the Mountain

Warm and slushy on the slopes today-- Ian didn't last very long because he slipped and fell on some ice and bruised his knee on the edge of the cast iron firepit-- ouch!-- but Alex and I took an extra trip to the top of the mountain (despite my recent bout of flu) and we went down a steep lift line trail under the Okemo Bubble Quad . . . this is the first time Alex bombed down a real Vermont black diamond run, with no slowing up and no wipeouts: so a banner day for him that I want to commemorate here (and I am sore and feel like an old man . . . my banner is sagging pretty low, but a few delicious local beers should pump some air into it).

3 comments:

zman said...

Is your "banner" a euphemism?

Whitney said...

Rhymes with “modem”

Professor G. Truck said...

knew that was a potential interpretation when i wrote it . . . and i will say that coughing up phlegm is no aphrodisiac.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.