Sometimes You Eat the Toe, and Sometimes the Toe Eats You




While The Big Leboswki is hands down my favorite movie, I still don't pretend to understand the plot . . . like Raymond Chandler's The Big Sleep, the joy of the story is within the strands . . . the ins, the outs, the complicated what-have-you's and the new shit that eventually comes to light . . . but one thing I thought I knew was that Bunny Lebowski had all ten of her toes . . . until I watched the movie with my kids on Wednesday night; when Bunny drives by in her red convertible and you realize she has definitely not been abducted by nihilists, the camera pans across her feet and I always assumed it was to show all ten of her toes-- and that's because you later learn that the nihilist played by musician Aimee Mann has given her toe to abet the ransom scheme-- but Ian noticed that in the red convertible scene, Bunny's little toe on her right foot appears to be missing-- and if you review the clip, it's really hard to tell, it's a very ambiguous little toe-- and while there is a Reddit strand on this topic, it provides no definite answers . . . so it's time to draw a line in the sand and unravel the truth: is Bunny missing a toe?

3 comments:

rob said...

that’s not unraveling the truth. that’s asking us to unravel it. i don’t come here for assignments, man.

Dave said...

just be on the lookout for her toe. that's all i ask.

Whitney said...

You want a toe? I can get you a toe by 3:00. With nail polish.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.