Compare/Contra$t



It's doubly annoying: not only do I have to take a day off of school so I can accompany my son Ian on his Initial Orthodontic Workup, but I then have to meet with the unfortunately named Dr. Overcash to discuss our plan of action; I already know braces are going to be expensive, but a name like Overcash is just rubbing it in-- not that I'm an anti-dentite-- he's a very nice guy and I trust and respect him, but it's certainly one of the worst dental names I've ever heard (unlike the aptly named pediatric doctor who cared for my son Alex when he got hit by a car last year . . . nothing assuages the anxiety of a trip to the emergency room more than a guy who introduces himself as Dr. Pepper).

2 comments:

zman said...

As a child my dentist was Dr. Fear. He sold his practice to Dr. Eis (pronounced "ice"). Years later I went to Dr. Spitz.

Dave said...

you've got to be kidding. that's not quite funny enough to be made up. what about dr. underbite? dr. payne?

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.