Am I Dave?

I am nearly finished with Dan Chaon's novel Await Your Reply-- which Jonathan Franzen calls "the essential identify-theft novel"-- and while I won't spoil anything about the plot, other than to say the book is suspenseful and thrilling and illuminating on identity-theft, I will share this Anais Nin quote that makes it's way into the consciousness of one of the characters:

We see things not as they are, but as we are . . . because the "I" behind the "eye" does the seeing

and I'd also like to note that no one has written the essential "Romeo and Juliet" of cell-phone courtship yet.

2 comments:

zman said...

Is this your new blog, Non Sequitur of Dave?

Dave said...

absolutely . . . and how about that lightning storm?

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.