R.I.P. Greasetruck Studios . . .

It looks like the desktop computer and digital audio converter in my makeshift music studio have finally bitten the dust . . . I've resuscitated them many times from the brink of disaster, but I think this is it . . . new drivers and updates have done nothing-- luckily, I pumped out one last podcast before everything exploded in a burst of feedback-- and while I'm a little sad, that it ended with a power surge and some kind of short circuit that busted my Steinberg UR22,  I've had this computer for a long long time (and I put it together myself) and I'm excited to finally update my hardware, but now the question is: do I spend the $$$ on a Mac?

3 comments:

Lecky said...

I went with the Mac Mini but got a big Samsung monitor so you can see everything in the recording software. Also a Yeti USB mic. Clean setup, very non-greasy. Great dust collector in my basement for now, but I hope to get down there this winter.

Dave said...

i was thinking of doing a mac mini-- i have a monitor-- but did you get an external drive? i think you need two drives, one for software and one to record on . . .

Lecky said...

I thought the hard drive was big and I'm not using a lot of space, that's what she said

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.