Something to Look Forward To

In the olden days, old people aspired to be wise-- they were the keepers of history, knowledge, and sagacity-- but now, with the rapid pace of technological innovation and change, the best old people can do is keep up, and more often than not, I am certain that they feel defunct, obsolete, and alienated . . . I'm on the cusp of this in my job . . . I'm keeping up with all the new technology-- but just barely-- but I can see how in a few years I'm just going to give up on it all and say "enough is enough" and do things the way I've always done them . . . so here's to the future!

2 comments:

zman said...

And by "the new technology" you mean cell phones? Not smart phones though, just cell phones.

Dave said...

i've got one of those things but i'm close to ageing out . . .

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.