Me? Allergies?

I don't consider myself susceptible to things other people fall prey to-- broken bones, arthritis, back pain, mortality, the constraints of the space/time continuum, etc. --but I've been waking up every morning at 4 AM and sneezing my brains out, and then repeatedly sneezing throughout the day, while suffering from red eyes and an itchy nose; despite these symptoms, I've put off buying any allergy medication because I can't accept the fact that I'm allergic to something-- pollen or dust or ragweed or whatever is out now . . . I keep waiting for the dry weather to break and figure my allergies will disappear once we get some rain, never to return, as there's some part of me that thinks if you just endure the allergy, your body will "get used to it" but I'm not sure if that's scientifically true or not, and I don't feel like checking.

3 comments:

zman said...

Go to costco and get some bootleg Allegra. Fexofenidene or whatever it's called.

Clarence said...

Or stop snorting dandelion powder to get high.

Dave said...

i will consider both suggestions. really, i would be happy if fall started some time soon.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.