Things You Don't See Every Day

While driving down South Fifth Avenue, the steep hill that descends to Donaldson Park, my son Ian and I saw three twenty-somethings rolling large logs up the street . . . there is a pile of these logs at the bottom of the street, near the public works building -- I suppose they are waiting to be chipped, but as for now they are free for the taking, but most people take them in pick-up trucks, but these kids were doing it by hand, and sweating their asses off; I assume they were going to use them for stools or burn them or something, but now that I am home, I'm a bit worried, because the skies have gone dark and a thunderstorm in approaching, and if they lose their grip, those things are going to be giant wooden juggernauts, hurtling down South Fifth, smacking into cars, pedestrians, shrubbery, and front porches . . . but I live more towards Second Avenue, so who cares.

5 comments:

zman said...

Why didn't we make anyone roll giant logs up the hills between Monroe and the Caf?

Clarence said...

I don't think you mean Monroe. Monroe is near the Marketplace and not hilly. Dupont? Yates?

zman said...

There is a hill between Monroe and the caf when you walk past the stadium or through the wildflower refuge.

Dave said...

wildflower refuge? did we go to the same college? all i remember from that area was the tiny giant.

rob said...

tiny penis!

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.