Meme Song (Dave Coins an Essential New Phrase!)



From the same mind that brought you the eternally delightful and eminently practical word Tupperawareness, comes another hand-crafted, home-made, and absolutely essential addition to the lexicon . . . once you hear it, you won't be able to live without it; so imagine the scenario: you've just heard a memorable melody, a snatch of a song, just a wee bit of music . . . and you can't forget it-- it's ideal, archetypal, and exemplary, like the Da Duh Da Duh from Jaws or the Dah De Neh Na, Neh Na Nuh from Indiana Jones or the Da Na Nuh Na Nuh Nuh Na Nuh Nuh from Star Wars (Darth Vader's entrance) or the Dah Nah Nah Noo Nah from Close Encounters of the Third Kind and you need a name for this bit of music, and, thanks to Sentence of Dave,  here it is: a meme song (and I can't believe this term doesn't already exist, it makes me wonder if the internet is dumber than I thought).

8 comments:

Dave said...

actually, someone may have coined this before me . . . i found a youtube video but i can't access it here at work. so the internet is smarter than i previously thought.

Clarence said...

Like hair product, good judgment, heroin, bit-torrents, body trimmers, the right to bear arms, extreme caution, a capo, My Genius, my head, shake weights, a jigger, a Neti Pot, the Force, my gym membership, discretion, the Dewey Decimal System, my illusion (I or II), a loofah, a glass with Dale's Pale Ale, a ouija board, a credit card in a Vegas strip joint, what I learned in the classrooms of my alma mater, and condoms, this term is something I will never use.

zman said...

Only sailors wear condoms baby.

Dave said...

i need a good body trimmer . . .

Dave said...

there are a number of things on your list that i use or have used . . . ten to be exact . . . i'll let you guess which they are . . .

Clarence said...

body trimmers
a capo
a Neti Pot
the Dewey Decimal System
a loofah,
a ouija board
what I learned in the classrooms of my alma mater
condoms

...and one I will leave out to save your teaching job.

zman said...

I saw Dave using a shake weight after Gheorghe fest. At least thats what it looked like. It was dark and he was staring at TR.

Dave said...

what is a shake weight?

and i have used a glass with dale's pale ale. tonight i used a glass with my stone brewery ipa. high class.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.