Sometimes It's Best To Keep Quiet

So on Monday, my wife and I took separate cars to the LA Fitness because I had to leave before her, and while I was walking across the parking lot, I overheard a little girl talking to her mother about what went on in the Kid's Club that morning . . . and my children were still in the Kid's Club, waiting for my wife to finish her spinning class and retrieve them-- so neither the little girl nor the mom recognized me-- and the girl said to her mom: "Ian head butted me" and that is my son's name, and the mom asked the girl, "Who's Ian?" and she replied, "Alex's younger brother . . . Alex was choking him and they got in trouble-- I told the lady," and for a brief second I thought about apologizing to this little girl for the atrocious behavior of my children, but I only entertained this for a second, and then I got into my car and made a clean escape (although I did question my children about it later, and Ian said he ran into the girl with his head by mistake while they were running around).

5 comments:

michelle mcgovern said...

Dave, I think you should take all of your blogs and publish them into a book! I look forward to reading them everyday!! Thank you

Dave said...

thanks!

Al DePantsdowno said...

You know, I've often thought about becoming a golf club.

Squeaky said...

I don't know why but I find it funny that there is an LA Fitness in NJ.

Dave said...

do you also find it odd that there's a restaurant called "china star" down the street from me?

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.