I Cause Marital Conflict

So I'm walking across the parking lot of our condo in Chatham and a lady riding by in a BMW stops her car and says to me (in her Boston accent) "Didja heah my cah squeak?" and I did hear her car squeak, so I say that I heard a squeak and so she turns to her husband in the passenger seat, points at him, and says, triumphantly: "See! He heard a squeak," and then a few minutes later I see her driving all alone, slowing down, and then speeding up, listening, and she says to me, "Nobody heahs my squeak."

6 comments:

zman said...

You should have offered to fix the squeak and then taught their kid to ride a bike.

Dave said...

that's not funny, considering i'm in the midst of a fencing project . . .

rob said...

i've always found the epee the most useful for that sort of project.

Dave said...

not funny.

zman said...

I put my foil in Mrs. Doyle.

rob said...

sabre? i hardly know 're.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.