I'd Like To Have My Face Digitally Scrubbed


There is an obvious irony to The Social Network: the guy who created the modern template for friendship doesn't really have any friends, but if you want a film about the ramifications of on-line life, this movie comes up short; on the plus side,  Jesse Eisenberg does a great job portraying a geeky nerd and Justin Timberlake does a great job portraying a cool nerd and Armie Hammer does a great job portraying the Winklevoss twins-- another actor had his face "digitally scrubbed" so that Hammer could be in two places at once-- and he steals the show . . . the twins are villains in the '80's style . . . reminiscent of Drago and The Shoot, with a dose of Yuppie blood, and the digital effect is so well-done that my wife and I had no idea they were played by the same actor while we were watching the film.

4 comments:

Lecky said...

If I had any computer savvy I would scrub your face onto Frodo Baggins.

Dave said...

i'd scrub your face onto george clooney's body.

zman said...

I watched this movie last night and I'm surprised that it was nominated for best picture. It wasn't bad by any stretch, but it wasn't particularly outstanding either.

Dave said...

it was like a very good tv movie.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.