Sweet Sweet Cup Holder


I'm proud of the fact that I've been driving the same car since 1994 (a Jeep Cherokee Sport-- solid V6 engine and no power windows or locks or anything to break) but sometimes I dream of when the chassis will finally rust out and die because then I'll get a car with doors that always open, a car with an iPod dock . . . a car with a cup holder (that's right, I don't have a cup-holder-- there is a designated sneaker for holding hot coffee if there's no passenger-- otherwise the passenger is the cup-holder . . . but I am wondering: why is this? had the cup been yet invented in 1994? or was there once a cup-holder and I can't remember?)

5 comments:

Esoderic said...

If I weren't so haunted by the image, I might comment on the sentence.

Whitney said...

Dave, you'll never get a new car, because DeathBox 2000 will never die.

Whitney said...

Hey Anonymous, I'm not sure Dave's dad frequents these parts.

zman said...

Then whose parts does Dave's dad frequent?

Dave said...

i think i have to drive the deathbox to norfolk for the fishing trip. no AC, so i hope it's unseasonably cool.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.