Random Idiotic Thoughts

During graduation, while they read the seven hundred plus names of the senior class, you are alone with your thoughts . . . mainly, I thought how strange it was that every speaker had a quote from Dr. Seuss in their speech and that if I ever have to give a graduation speech, I won't quote Dr. Seuss, I will instead quote the Random Idiots song about Dr. Seuss-- you know, the one where the good doctor uses his faux doctorate to open a gynecology clinic and have his way gullible women . . . and that day, of course, will be my last as a teacher.

4 comments:

Al DePantsdowno said...

With sentences like this, that day is quickly approaching.

Whitney said...

Well, if you quoted the opening couplet, you'd be fine.

"Listen up, children, I'll tell you a tale / About a man who just couldn't fail"

rather than

"Dr. Seuss, he ain't no MD / But he's always into someone's pantieeeees"

rob said...

i'd also stay away from any 'grinch butt ram' references.

Dave said...

there's nothing better than a grinch butt ram reference . . .

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.