6/18/2009


There goes our platinum credit rating: apparently a 0.0 APR credit card doesn't mean you don't have any payments, there is still a minimum payment of 20 dollars a month (unlike a credit card form Home Depot or Sears) and if you miss these because you only wanted to use the card for one purchase and once you made said purchase, you tossed the card and the statements into a file folder in the desk without reading them, then the credit card company will hit you with a late fee and screw with the interest rate; I straightened this out on the phone (and I tried to plead my case but, oddly, the bank doesn't buy this excuse: "How was I supposed to know I owed twenty dollars-- I didn't read the statement!") and when I explained to my wife what happened, she thought I was blaming her, but, of course, it was my own fault for not understanding the difference between zero percent interest and zero payments-- so I apologized for insinuating that it was in any way, shape or form her fault, but then in a surprising turn of events (and if you know my wife, this is especially surprising) she decided it was her fault . . . because she trusted me to do something on my own without her expert assistance, without checking my handiwork, and she should have predicted this and NOT trusted me-- and though I'm angry about paying the 39 dollar late fee, it might be worth it, because now I think I've proven myself so incompetent in so many areas that nothing is ever going to be my fault again: because I'm retarded.

5 comments:

rob said...

that's a brilliant example of the power of setting expectations. well done.

Lecky said...

I could have told you you are retarded for free

Al DePantsdowno said...

That's how I got out of washing clothes. I haven't done a load in sixteen years! And it didn't cost me 39 dollars. Retard.

Dave said...

i am banned from doing clothes as well . . . now i have to call the company to make sure my interest rate has been reset ot 0.

eric said...

I like how this blog entry has just become a forum for people to use the word "retard"--you retards.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.