Sometimes You Need to Lie to the People in White Coats

The main reason I hate going to the dentist is because I am forced to lie: for the past few months (as usual) I've forgotten to floss on a daily basis, and-- judging by past behavior-- I'm never ever ever going to remember to floss on a daily basis, but they're so earnest about flossing over there at my dentist's office that I can't stand the disappointment in their eyes, so, once again, I swore to them, that NOW, FROM HERE ON IN, I AM GOING TO FLOSS, but I know in another six months it will be the same pathetic ritual.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave, you are not alone.

Al DePantsdowno said...

You have to get those floss picks. Then you can floss with one hand while you're driving to work. You'll be flossing everyday before you know it.

Dave said...

floss pick? like a hair pick? if i floss while driving how will i hold my cell phone?

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.