The Doppelgangers is a Bad Name for a Sitcom

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree . . . Alex likes to use the right word for things, a fairly useless and frustrating characteristic; yesterday in the stroller, we passed by the house that has the same model and color Subaru as we do, and Alex reminded me of his fantasy about the family that lives there: that they are our twins in most every way-- number, age, appearance, etc.-- and then he asked me what we called them and I said, "I don't know" and made up a nonsensical rhyme of our last name and he said "No, not that kind of name" and then I remembered what word he was looking for . . . "our doppelgangers?" and he said, "Yeah, doppelgangers, they're our doppelgangers!" and I'm hoping he doesn't bring this up at pre-school because he's already weird enough.

3 comments:

celine said...

tell Catherine that is what she gets for not jogging like a maniac when she was 4 months pregnant - thank goodness for low SAT scores for Calvin, he will be the coolest kid in school.

Dave said...

as soon as he can understand, i'm telling calvin you deprived him of oxygen when he was a fetus . . .

Anonymous said...

Depriving your kids of oxygen and hitting them in face with nerf balls--I'm calling Dyfus on both of you.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.