I've Seen The Top Chill, It Was Great . . .


On my quest to plug the gaps in my pop-culture erudition, I tried to watch Top Gun, but I only made it half-way through-- I reached my high-five limit-- and I was worried that I would never know why Maverick's dad died, but Wikipedia has an excellent and precise plot summary that is far more entertaining than the movie . . . and so now I have to decide--much like my students with every book I've ever assigned-- if I should actually watch The Big Chill or if I should just read the synopsis and fake it?

3 comments:

Whitney said...

You are pathetic. That's ADHD on some alternate plane where you can't watch TV, you'd rather read.

The fact that you turned it off before Kelly McGillis's full frontal nudity also makes you gay.

Dave said...

i guess the wikipedia synopsis doesn't really do that justice-- but if that is my punishment for not finishing, i can accept it. or perhaps i will just look the clip up on the internet and have my cake and eat it too . . .

Jesse said...

I am insulted by this post. I never read the online synopsis for any of our books! The summary on the inside flap is much more informative...

I haven't finished Top Gun either...I can only take so much borderline homosexual enthusiasm in one movie.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.