Happiness of Dave, Part One


Happiness is stepping on the scale after a two week vacation that was both gluttonous and bibulous, and weighing the same as when you left . . . and we are talking about a very gluttonous week which revolved around food: whether it was pork and broccoli rabe sandwiches, meatball night, Mexican night, Mrs. Brizzle's super-stacked prosciutto and soppressata subs, carnivore night, etc-- and the second week with our friends there was more of a balance between food and drink-- we had Ed to mix drinks-- but the meals were equally as good-- Michelle outdid herself, of course, and we managed to finish all of my wife's meatballs, though we were allotted sixteen each . . . I think the reason I didn't gain weight was that we did a prodigious amount of digging in the sand (and produced two sand sculptures-- a bird and a dragon) and the skim was up . . . or down . . . it was very, very good, so my down time, my time not running around with the kids, was spent sprinting through the shallow surf and jumping on a thin plastic board . . . that's me in the picture, the oldest, fattest, most hirsute skim-boarder on the East Coast).

2 comments:

Al DePantsdowno said...

You look damn good for your age. Hardly old and fat. Hey, wait a minute! That's me in that picture. I didn't think we looked that much alike, but I'll take it as a compliment. Unless, of course, your next entry has a picture of Brad Pitt with you saying it's you.

Dave said...

i look a bit younger now that i've shaved off my beard-- more salt in that thing than pepper . . .

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.