My Wife Berates Me About a Fictitious Insect

When I notice someone has the hiccups, I pretend there is a bug in their hair-- this usually gets people flustered, anxious and concerned . . . they pick through their hair, look for a mirror, shake their heads, etcetera . . . and, during the fretfulness, the reverse peristalsis usually rights itself, plus-- as a bonus-- the bystanders get a laugh-- but I tried this on Catherine yesterday and it didn't work; she said, "Well, get it out" and when I pretended to be squeamish about grabbing the bug she called me a "pussy"-- actually she spelled out the word "pussy," because the kids were sitting there, but still.

2 comments:

Al DePantsdowno said...

Catherine rocks. Did her hiccups go away?

Dave said...

no.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.