Four Firsts

Today, I present four "firsts":

1) Alex caught his first fish; 

2) Ian caught his first fish; 

3) I monitored my first kid able to swim in deep water-- Ian, who is only three, has been experimenting with holding his breath underwater and jumping into the pool (unlike his older brother Alex, who is more tentative and anxious, and completely oblivious to peer pressure-- I was like this as a kid too-- Alex could care less if he looks like a complete wiener in front of other kids) and then yesterday Ian started swimming for real-- stroking, kicking, keeping his mouth closed-- and he jumped in and out of my friend's pool for hours, letting himself go deep under-water (he's too short to touch) and then he practiced swimming to the ladder, and then he finally swam the length of the pool, while I nervously treaded water beside him;

4) also, the other day, I was playing with the boys at Bicentennial Park, and I saw an Asian grandmother try to do the little zip line-- first time I've ever seen that, and perhaps the last, as I think she pulled something.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is Bicentennial Park?

What is a zip line?

Dave said...

east brunswick-- riva ave.

Al DePantsdowno said...

"My friend's pool"? What am I? Chopped liver?

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.