Harbinger or a Test?

To do my part for the planet, I've sworn off consuming large mammals for a few months, but when I unwrapped my number 29 from The Park Deli, it was loaded with ham instead of turkey-- and I ate it, of course, it wasn't my fault, and it tasted delicious-- but do I regard this as a sign (that there is nothing to be done, the end is nigh, an omen of consumption, a harbinger of ensuing pork, and I should gorge on greasy flesh before the rapture) or perhaps this was a test-- and if it was a test of my newfound principles, then I failed miserably.

4 comments:

rob said...

i assume you didn't eat the entire large mammal, in which case you didn't break your vow.

it's a pointless vow, though. you should be more precise.

Whitney said...

You just want Dave to keep consuming large mammals for fear that he may devour you at the fishing trip this year.

rob said...

we really need to not post comments in the same threads.

Dave said...

squirrel is now definitely a small mammal-- he's really slimmed down and might not be worth the calories i'll expend chasing him.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.