My Son Already Has a Higher Rank Than Me?

While we walked to get some falafel Alex formulated an intricate plan to spring loose the baby pig he visits with my dad at College Farm-- he's seen Charlotte's Web and he knows that if he doesn't rescue the little swine he will end up as bacon; the plan includes an alarm to wake us in the middle of the night, a midnight bicycle ride, a bell Alex can ring if he needs me to pedal faster, a lantern on a stick, a knapsack to put the pig in, and-- most important-- a promise . . . that I won't say, "Oh, man!" when Alex gives me an order.

2 comments:

celine said...

how dare you put up a picture of sizzling bacon...and just before mother's day too.

Dave said...

sorry-- forgot where you were . . .

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.