We All Love to Ignore Our Parents

After I took a plastic dagger and sheath away from the boys because it cracked and needed gluing, Ian tried to sneak behind my back-- walking on tip-toes and carrying the stool from the bathroom-- in order to retrieve the toy from the counter; even though he knew I was staring at him, he ignored me and set the stool up and climbed up so he could reach -- it was as if he believed that if he was quiet and didn't acknowledge that I was watching him, then I wouldn't stop him (then I put the broken weapon on top of the refrigerator and he moved the stool over to there, climbed up, and pathetically waved his arms-- a good four feet short of his target).

3 comments:

celine said...

this nearly brought me to tears...Calvin does stuff like this all the time. He has recently taken to using his latent car seat as a step stool since we have moved his step stools out of reach.

rob said...

yeah, been there. you're just mean, dave.

Dave said...

i AM getting mean-- and i can hear catherine yelling at ian as i type this-- he is DEFIANT-- but what is a "latent car seat"? something that's a car seat under the surface? got to go-- everyone is getting yelled at in the kitchen . . . a food spitting incident.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.