2/18/2008

The warm weather made the animals extremely active at the zoo today-- polar bears wrestled underwater, penguins breached, the lions were actually roaring, a tiger cub tackled his mother, and the rattlesnakes and cobras slithered in their tanks (it was also the first time I've ever seen a Gila monster move)-- but my most exciting animal encounter occurred at this 6:30 this morning, while I was recording some music: I was wearing headphones, the house was quiet, and I was immersed in the sound of the drum machine and backing guitar, when a large black bug fell from the ceiling and landed on my pick-hand; it was either a spider or some kind of beetle, but I flung it off so quickly that I didn't identify it, and I'm very proud that I didn't shriek loudly enough to wake the house (completely unrelated: on the way home from the zoo we passed a nursery and their placard read Pot Sale . . . Not that Kind!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's the sentence I've been waiting for: parallel structure, semicolons, dashes, and don't get me started on the little non sequitur at the end. Well done, my friend.

Dave said...

thanks! although there are some that say "brevity is the soul of wit," but i don't really care abou them, because who wants to be brief when you can be long-winded-- especially on a blog, where you don't even feel bad about wasting paper. did i tell you i saw a golf ball stuck in the pavement? i think it got run over by a steam-roller . . .

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.